About the Journal
A peer-reviewed publication of the California Pharmacists Association. The Journal of Contemporary Pharmacy Practice (JCPhP) is published quarterly by the California Pharmacists Association. This print and digital publication contains information every pharmacist will want to read, as each issue emphasizes trends in pharmacy practice.
As a special member benefit, CPhA Members receive the print publication.
Previously California Pharmacist, the now Journal of Contemporary Pharmacy Practice has been in continuous publication since 1954 and, to this day, reaches a highly-targeted group of pharmacists and other professionals who make key buying decisions about the profession. Designed to inform, educate, and motivate readers, JCPhP is filled with clinical information to help readers better serve their patients.
Are You Interested in Being Published or Contributing?
JCPhP provides content that is clinically-oriented and based on relevant models of practice. To achieve content and editorial excellence, the CPhA Editorial Review Committee (ERC) is seeking those who may be interested in authoring articles and/or become peer reviewers.
The article process from submission to acceptance typically takes three months, but can take anywhere from one to six months depending on peer review..
- To view Author Guidelines, please click here.
- To view Peer Reviewer Guidelines, please click here.
- If you are ready to submit and/or review, please click here to register.
- If you have any questions about content, please contact Editor-In-Chief, Dr. Anandi Law.
- For technical assistance with the peer review system, please contact (916) 779-4531.
Do you have artwork that you would like to share with your colleagues in pharmacy? The editors are seeking photographs, drawings, or paintings for inclusion in the Journal. The artwork should be high-quality, in digital format, and contain no identifiable people. Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your submission is chosen for inclusion, the editors will contact you.
Recently Added Articles
Click the titles below to read and download a PDF of each article.
- Extended Reality in Patient Care and Pharmacy Practice: A Viewpoint
- Avoiding Common Legal Issues Confronted in Pharmacy Practice: Evaluating Prescriptions with PRN Wording and Calling for Refills
Interested in viewing all articles? Please click here to search the full article list.
Submit an Article
Search “California Pharmacist Journal” in your smartphone’s app store or click the link below: