Protecting Your License, Your Practice and Your Profession
Frequently Asked Questions
Recognizing that multiple pharmacy professionals are working in various states of the profession, the Board of Trustees has implemented a membership rate that correlates to your role and tenure within the pharmacy profession. Membership rates are as follows:
We offer a variety of memberships for practicing pharmacists.
- Individual Pharmacist: $365 plus local dues
- Joint Membership: $225 plus local dues
- Retired Pharmacist: $200 plus local dues
Future Pharmacy Professional:
- Student Technician: $30
- Student Pharmacist: $30
New Graduate Pharmacy Professional:
- New Pharmacy Technician: $45 plus local dues
- 1st Year Post Graduate Pharmacist: $100
- 2nd Year Post Graduate Pharmacist: $100
- 3rd Year Post Graduate Pharmacist: $100
- Pharmacy Technician: $45 plus local dues
Recognizing that many individuals may not be a practicing pharmacist, future pharmacists or technicians, we offer memberships to those that are involved with the profession but rather associated with the profession. Associate members gain exposure to the profession, including meeting with fellow members and receive up-to-the-minute information relating to news in the profession. The annual rate for associate membership is $200 plus local dues.
CPhA Membership Benefits:
- FREE registration to Pharmacy Law & Practice Conference (6.5 hours of CE, which includes 1 hour of pharmacy law required by CA Board of Pharmacy) – $250 value
- Limited access to FREE legal consultation with the California Pharmacy Lawyers (1 consultation per quarter) – $2300 value
- Discounts for continuing education and certificate programs – $500 value
- Discounted registration to the Western Pharmacy Exchange conference – $200 discount
- Discounts from our affiliated partners – $250 value
- Relevant CEs included in our member town halls – $200 value
- Legislative and regulatory representation – $750 value
- Practice resources – $250 value
• ARL Biopharma: 10% discount on ARL services. (Laboratory services: analytical testing, microbiology testing, raw material testing, forensics testing, pharmaceuticals testing)
• CPL (California Pharmacy Lawyers): Access to limited free legal advice. Law Office of Tony J. Park, Inc. A Professional Law Corporation – The only California law firm solely dedicated to pharmacy law, representing individuals & entities
• Mercer: CPhA works with Mercer Health & Benefits Insurance Services LLC as the broker and plan administrator for the sponsored insurance programs. Mercer offers insurance
plans to protect you, your practice and your family.
• Tabula Rasa Healthcare: 20% discount to the MedWise™ Decision Support Program.
• Lexicomp: 25% discount on top medication safety mobile apps for pharmacy professionals as well as a 25% discount on select Lexicomp books and manuals.
Membership terms are for one-year periods. CPhA offers three different membership cycles to ensure that pharmacy professionals can join throughout the year.
- Pharmacist or technician members have two membership terms.
- January 1 – December 31
- July 1 – June 30
- Student pharmacist members have one term.
- November 1 – October 31.
CPhA offers payment plans to pharmacist members. Membership can be paid all at once, or on a monthly payment plan. Click here for a printable monthly membership payment form.
A member can cancel their membership but will only receive a refund if the request to cancel is within 30 days of joining CPhA. This option is only available when membership and CE is paid in full.
For those who are on the monthly payment plan and wish to cancel their membership outside of the 30 day window, full year’s payment is required at the time of cancellation.
CPhA membership includes access to best-in-class professional liability insurance created especially for licensed pharmacists! Through our partnership with Mercer, CPhA members are eligible for additional business and personal insurance plans with group rates and/or discounts, such as health, workers compensation, auto, life, and more! Learn more!
Once you become a member of CPhA, there is a multitude of ways you can be involved in the future of the profession and in the association.
- Leadership: CPhA offers leadership positions within the local chapter, special-interest groups, and on the Board of Trustees. Members affect change at every level of the association and are asked to lead the association and colleagues into the future.
- Committees: The Board of Trustees looks to committees to recommend policy and strategies for membership. Meeting virtually, committee members can drive content for educational experiences or advise on legislative action. If you have a specific passion or policy area you love, CPhA offers a variety of ways to expand your passion! Click here to learn more about our committees.