- This event has passed.
Travel Health Services Certificate Program
Pharmacy-Based Travel Health Services is an innovative and interactive advanced competency training (ACT) program that explores the pharmacist’s role in providing travel health services to patients. This application-based activity is the first step for pharmacists interested in learning the essential skills necessary to successfully provide travel health services.
Program pre-requisite: Pharmacists who have completed the APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery certificate training program and received a Certificate of Achievement or have previously completed an immunization training program and are authorized to provide immunizations in the state in which they practice.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide pharmacists with comprehensive knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to establish and deliver a successful travel health service.
- Teach pharmacists to identify at-risk patient populations in need of preventative and travel care.
- Enhance pharmacists’ ability to effectively counsel patients on travel health.
- Motivate increased numbers of pharmacists to establish travel health services
There are three components to the California Specific Pharmacy-Based Travel Health Services advanced competency training (ACT) program:
- 6.0 hour (0.60 CEU) web based self-study modules with case studies and assessment exam
- 4.0 hour (0.40 CEU) live seminar with assessment exam