Pharmacologic Interventions for Healthy Pregnancies
FREE 3-Hour Pharmacy Continuing Education Program
This course has been developed to promote pharmacist roles in addressing gaps in care during pregnancy and between pregnancies. This course is intended for pharmacists who practice in a variety of settings — including, but not limited to, community pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, ambulatory care. This course will take approximately three hours to complete, including the pre-course assessment, course, post-course assessment, and evaluation.
- Identify a woman who is an appropriate candidate for prevention of preterm labor with 17-alphahydroxyprogesterone (17OHP), including assessment of clinical indication and gestational age.
- Describe the FDA’s position regarding the use of compounded 17OHP in clinical practice today.
- Assess a specific patient and identify factors which may delay 17OHP acquisition.
- Describe preeclampsia and its impact in term and preterm patients.
- Identify when a patient meets diagnosis criteria for preeclampsia.
- Explain the management of preeclampsia and hypertension in preeclampsia.
- Develop a plan to prevent preeclampsia in high risk pregnant patients.
- Explain healthy birth spacing and why it’s important.
- List the birth control options to achieve healthy birth spacing.
- Describe considerations for birth control use in the postpartum period.
ACPE UAN: 0126-0000-18-167-L01-P
This activity is accredited for 3 hour (0.3 CEUs) of CPE credit.
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Student Pharmacists
Fee: There is no charge for this educational activity.
Release Date: 11/16/2018 Expiration Date: 12/31/2018
Credit must be claimed no later than: 12/31/2018
Accreditation for this program is provided by the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP). CSHP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. To receive credit, go to www.cshp.org/cpe and follow the directions carefully. A NABP e-Profile ID is required to claim credit. CSHP is not responsible for credit report failure as a result of incorrect NABP information. Please contact email@example.com or 916.447.1033 with questions.