Leader Development Weekend
July 20-21, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Treat yourself to leader development with this training program designed for emerging and established pharmacy leaders throughout California.
Earn up to 8.5 hours of Continuing Education.
|Sponsor an Attendee**||$159|
Note: On-site registration will not be offered.
Registration cutoff on the 30th of June, 2019
*Receive $100 off CPhA Membership – contact CPhA at (916) 779-1400 for more info!
**All sponsorships will be mailed to recipients upon attendance at the event. Attendees must sign up and pay for regular registration to attend this event.
Already completed LDW? Take the next step in your leadership journey and apply for the Leadership Development Institute!
Level 1: Fundamentals Track
First-Time attendees will learn to “Lead from Within” through CE sessions covering topics such as:
- Maximize Engagement & Performance by Leveraging Your Strengths
- Increase Value through Personal Values
- Enhance Wellness by Reducing Burnout through Meeting Needs & Aligning Interests
Level 2: Coaching Track*
Returning attendees will learn to “Lead from Behind” through CE sessions covering topics such as:
- Empower Others: Coach More and Consult Less
- Deep Listening and Powerful Questioning
- Identifying and Aligning the Values, Interests, Strengths & Needs of Others
*Prerequisite: Attendees must have taken Level 1, Introductory CPhA or PLEI leadership course prior to taking Level 2.
Level 3: The Give and Take of Feedback – Using Feedback as a Leadership Tool
- Evaluate your personal skill set and development opportunities relative to change leadership and team cohesiveness
- Develop strategies to appropriately manage conflicts between pharmacists, management and health care team members
- Determine the factors of personal and team skills for effective collaboration, stronger partnerships and effective constructive feedback
- Discuss examples of effective conflict management tactics to resolve issues
Level 3: Transforming Leadership Skills Beyond Clinical Practice: Making the Ultimate Impact on the Profession
Transforming Leadership from Clinical Practice to the Legislature
- Evaluate and prioritize personal qualities, skills, competencies and self-awareness aspects essential to leader’s effectiveness
- Describe how leadership in different settings can impact healthcare practice
- Identify practical and proven leadership behaviors and how to apply them to different environments beyond the pharmacy
Prerequisite: Attendees must have taken Level 1 + Level 2 + graduated LDI.
Sponsor an Attendee:
Sponsor an emerging leader to attend this program and learn the skills to take on and expand their leadership roles in the profession.
All sponsorships will be mailed to recipients after Leader Development Weekend upon attendance at the event. Attendees must sign up and pay for regular registration to attend this event, as the sponsorships are awarded as partial reimbursement for attendance.
Hotel Reservation Information:
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
711 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Room rate: $199/night + tax
To make a hotel room reservation call (800) 325-3535 and request the special group rate for members of the California Pharmacists Association. Or book online by clicking here.
Reservation Deadline: June 30, 2019 (or until room block is full)