- This event has passed.
CPhA Community Town Hall
Join us on January 27th for a Community Town Hall to hear about the latest updates from the association. Plus, we’ll be offering half an hour of free 0.5 Hour CE on E-Prescriptions.
- Welcome Remarks
- Corporate Partner Spot, AstraZeneca
- CPhA Updates On WPE & Membership Benefits
- Advocacy Update
- Free CE Offering
Do you have questions like:
- How do I make sure I comply with the new e-prescribing law?
- As an advanced practice pharmacist (APh), does the new e-prescribing law affect me?
- What do I do if I receive a written prescription now?
- Am I required to verify if a prescriber is allowed to use one of the exceptions with e-prescribing?
- Are there any exceptions to the e-prescribing law?
E-Prescribing Update – How Do You Comply in California
0.5 CE Hours UAN: 0113-0000-22-002-L03-P, 0113-0000-22-002-L03-TAt the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the requirements of California Business and Professions Code (BPC) section 688
- Recognize the exceptions of California Business and Professions Code (BPC) section 688
- State the verification requirements for written, oral, or faxed prescriptions under California Business and Professions Code (BPC) section 688
- Review the requirements of advanced practice pharmacists (APh) with e-prescribing
Membership in CPhA is required to take part in the Town Hall
Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credit
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 0.5 hours (0.05 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. ACPE UAN: 0113-0000-22-002-L03-P, 0113-0000-22-002-L03-T. RELEASE DATE: 01/27/2022 EXPIRATION DATE: 01/27/2025