This course will review the current efficacy and safety data related to combining DOAC’s with single or dual antiplatelet drug therapy. Pharmacists frequently encounter this scenario when advising patients and other clinicians about the safety of combining antithrombotic drug therapy. Given the increase in use of these agents for a growing number of indications, pharmacists must be up to date on the recent developments. Insight from this seminar will help pharmacists make evidence-based decisions when advising on appropriate and safe antithrombotic drug therapy. Lastly, strategies to manage bleeding associated with DOACs, including advances in the development of reversal agents will be reviewed.
At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiological basis for combining anticoagulation with antiplatelet therapy in atrial fibrillation and acute coronary syndrome.
- Appraise the recent literature evaluating the safety and efficacy of combining direct acting oral anticoagulants with single or dual antiplatelet therapy.
- Develop evidence-based treatment recommendations for patients with indications for anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy.
- Discuss strategies to manage bleeding associated with direct acting oral anticoagulants.
- Felix Yam, PharmD, MAS, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1.25 hours (0.125 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-18-039-H04-P; 0113-0000-18-039-H04-T
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Technicians in all practice settings
Release Date: 4/11/2018
Expiration Date: 4/11/2021
What To Expect After Registration
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to participate in the webinar.
2018 Western Pharmacy Exchange Package Deal: $1,000 (CPhA Members), $2,000 (CPhA Non-Members)
*This session is 1 of 24 sessions in the package deal.
***No cancellations or refunds will be issued once user login information has been sent. Unfortunately, due to the online format of this program we are unable to offer exceptions to this policy. It’s recommend that each registrant review the course content prior to submitting payment to ensure the content meets individual educational needs. User has 30 days to complete the on-demand program from registration. If you have questions regarding course content or cancellation policy please contact CPhA at (916) 779-4524.