Join Jeff Goad, Pharm.D., MPH as he discusses Senate Bill 493 (signed into law in 2013) that expands access to pharmacist services by allowing pharmacists to both practice more independently as well as enhancing their collaboration with other health care providers. The new law establishes that pharmacists are healthcare providers, gives expanded scope of practice in disease prevention and creates the separately licensed category of the Advanced Practice Pharmacist. Every California pharmacist needs to know what they can do now and what will roll out later. This is a must attend program if you practice pharmacy in California!
- Discuss the health care forces driving change in expansion of CA pharmacists scope of practice under SB 493
- Discuss implications of health care provider status for pharmacists
- Determine what functions can be implemented now and in the future for SB 493
- Describe the process and function of the Advanced Practice Pharmacist
- Compare the scope of practice for Advanced versus all CA pharmacists
- Jeff Goad, Pharm.D., MPH, USC, School of Pharmacy
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1 hour (0.1 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-17-085-H04-P
Initial Release Date: 10/10/2017
Expiration Date: 10/10/2020
What to Expect After Registration
After registration is processed and completed, a confirmation email with links to the webinar video and handouts will be sent. If you have not received this confirmation email after 24 hours, please contact (916) 779-1400.
**Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable under any circumstances.