This is an interactive, case-based workshop geared toward pharmacists practicing in an outpatient setting. A background on the opioid epidemic and the role of the pharmacist in reducing risk in opioid prescribing will be presented. Attendees will participate in role play activities involving a variety of difficult conversations with patients and prescribers regarding opioid use.
At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe current issues and trends related to prescription drug abuse and misuse
- Describe methods to assist in recognizing patients who are at risk for, or currently abusing opioids
- Discuss potential methods for reducing risk on the part of dispensers and prescribers when managing patients with pain
- Communicate in an effective manner with patients and prescribers regarding the safe use of opioids
- Melissa Durham, PharmD, MACM, BCACP, DAIPM, USC School of Pharmacy
- Tania Gregorian, PharmD, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Vlada Manzur, Pharm.D, USC School of Pharmacy
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1.25 hours (0.125 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-18-018-H04-P; 0113-0000-18-018-H04-T
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Technicians in all practice settings
Release Date: 4/11/2018
Expiration Date: 4/11/2021
What To Expect After Registration
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to participate in the webinar.
2018 Western Pharmacy Exchange Package Deal: $1,000 (CPhA Members), $2,000 (CPhA Non-Members)
*This session is 1 of 24 sessions in the package deal.
***No cancellations or refunds will be issued once user login information has been sent. Unfortunately, due to the online format of this program we are unable to offer exceptions to this policy. It’s recommend that each registrant review the course content prior to submitting payment to ensure the content meets individual educational needs. User has 30 days to complete the on-demand program from registration. If you have questions regarding course content or cancellation policy please contact CPhA at (916) 779-4524.