A “Tamiflu Clinic” is a unique and innovative service that can be offered in the community pharmacy. This pharmacist-run clinic increases patient access to care, decreases urgent care or emergency room visits, and alleviates the burden of flu in the community. Initiation of this service will increase accessibly to Tamiflu® (oseltamivir) and thus minimize duration of flu and costs associated with it. Furthermore, it will allow pharmacists to integrate themselves into collaborative practice through an interprofessional patient-centered team approach. It will also increase pharmacists’ presence and impact in the healthcare arena.
At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe annual direct and indirect costs associated with influenza illness in the U.S.
- Describe efficacy of Tamiflu® (oseltamivir) in 12 and 48 hours of symptoms onset
- Describe steps necessary to start “Tamiflu” Clinic in a community pharmacy setting
- Assess a patient presenting with influenza-like symptoms to determine eligibility for Tamiflu® (oseltamivir)
- Given patient’s case initiate Tamiflu® (oseltamivir) in eligible patients
- Marina Dykhne, PharmD, Western Unviersity of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- Micah Hata, PharmD, Western Unviersity of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- Kimberly Lim, Western University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1.25 hours (0.125 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-18-032-H04-P; 0113-0000-18-032-H04-T
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Technicians in all practice settings
Release Date: 4/11/2018
Expiration Date: 4/11/2021
What To Expect After Registration
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to participate in the webinar.
2018 Western Pharmacy Exchange Package Deal: $1,000 (CPhA Members), $2,000 (CPhA Non-Members)
*This session is 1 of 24 sessions in the package deal.
***No cancellations or refunds will be issued once user login information has been sent. Unfortunately, due to the online format of this program we are unable to offer exceptions to this policy. It’s recommend that each registrant review the course content prior to submitting payment to ensure the content meets individual educational needs. User has 30 days to complete the on-demand program from registration. If you have questions regarding course content or cancellation policy please contact CPhA at (916) 779-4524.