In 2013, the ACC/AHA released their cholesterol guidelines which were met with resistance among clinicians since they made dramatic changes to the previous guidelines (NCEP ATP III). The ACC/AHA guidelines led to the National Committee for Quality Assurance proposing the removal of lipid indices from HEDIS for 2015. This prompted the NLA to propose their own cholesterol guidelines which are different, but structurally similar, to previous cholesterol guidelines, and this has created some confusion in the clinical management of patients. This program is designed to make clinicians comfortable in managing patients with dyslipidemias using either set of cholesterol guidelines.
- Describe the changes in the National Lipid Association cholesterol guidelines
- Demonstrate understanding of how to stratify patients into the correct risk categories
- Demonstrate understanding of non-HDL cholesterol and the correct non-HDL goals
- Create an appropriate therapeutic regimen for patients with hypertension
- Describe monitoring parameters and major adverse drug effects from cholesterol medications
- Eric Gupta, PharmD, BCPS, CLS, FCPhA, FNLA, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration
Western University of Health Sciences
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1 hour (0.1 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-14-032-L04-P
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
What to Expect After Registration
After registration is processed and completed, a confirmation email with links to the webinar video and handouts will be sent. If you have not received this confirmation email after 24 hours, please contact (916) 779-1400.
**Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable under any circumstances.