Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D) are required to offer comprehensive medication reviews (CMRs) for eligible patients as a part of a medication therapy management service (MTMS). Since the CMR completion rates became a STAR measure in 2014, there has been an increased focus by health plans on these services. Pharmacists play a crucial role in assisting a health plan to meet its target for CMR completions. However, many eligible patients are unaware of this service and are resistant to participating in an MTM service. This program will review key strategies for overcoming barriers related to identifying and recruiting patients, as well as addressing frequently asked questions by patients.
At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss government and third-party payers expectations for medication therapy management services
- Explain the benefits and best practices for delivery of telephonic MTM services to complete comprehensive medication reviews
- Outline the features of a telepharmacy program
- Discuss effective communication strategies to address common patient-related barriers to completing CMRs
- Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP, USC School of Pharmacy
- Oscar Gallegos, PharmD, BCACP, USC School of Pharmacy
- Roya Mohajer-Jasbi, PharmD, USC School of Pharmacy
- Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP, USC School of Pharmacy
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The California Pharmacists Association (#0113) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Upon completing an evaluation form, participants will be awarded 1.25 hours (0.125 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit. A statement of credit will not be issued. Participants may log onto the CPE monitor website using their individual log in to download their statement of credit. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of CPE credits to the CPE monitor. UAN: 0113-0000-18-012-H04-P; 0113-0000-18-012-H04-T
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Technicians in all practice settings
Release Date: 4/11/2018
Expiration Date: 4/11/2021
What To Expect After Registration
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to participate in the webinar.
2018 Western Pharmacy Exchange Package Deal: $1,000 (CPhA Members), $2,000 (CPhA Non-Members)
*This session is 1 of 24 sessions in the package deal.
***No cancellations or refunds will be issued once user login information has been sent. Unfortunately, due to the online format of this program we are unable to offer exceptions to this policy. It’s recommend that each registrant review the course content prior to submitting payment to ensure the content meets individual educational needs. User has 30 days to complete the on-demand program from registration. If you have questions regarding course content or cancellation policy please contact CPhA at (916) 779-4524.