Advanced Practice Pharmacist Certificate Program
Brought to You by CPhA & NACDS
The program consists of five modules reviewing patient assessment, ordering and interpreting drug-therapy related tests, patient referral, drug therapy management, and documentation.
The APP certificate program consists of three components:
- 30 hours (3.0 CEU) self-study modules with assessment exam
- 8.0 hour (0.80 CEU) live seminar with interactive case studies and hands on assessment
- Comprehensive final examination
By successfully completing this program, the candidate will receive a certificate which will satisfy section 4210(a)(2)(A), one of two criteria required to become an advanced practice pharmacist (APh).
What are the benefits of becoming an APh?
Successful candidates who meet two of the three criteria and apply with the
California State Board of Pharmacy to become an APh are authorized to:
- Perform patient assessments
- Order and interpret drug therapy-related tests in coordination with a patient’s primary care provider or diagnosing prescriber to monitor patient progress
- Refer patients to other health care providers
- Participate in the evaluation and management of diseases and health conditions in collaboration with other health care providers
- In accordance with a protocol with a physician or facility, a pharmacist may initiate, adjust, and discontinue drug therapy upon referral from a patient’s treating prescriber when necessary and medically appropriate
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
register online at